6 Pages Medical Websites Need
6 pages every medical website needs
- BIG bonus - patient portal access
Home Page | Medical Website's welcome statement
- Include a short 1 paragraph welcome message. Focus on ONE action you want visitors to do.
- The more minimalistic, the better. You want to drive patients either to the about us section or services section right away - or identify the #1 service you offer that nobody else does.
- Avoid ANY Flash at all costs.
- Make sure your website fills at least 85% of the screen. Make fonts very easy to read.
About Page | Not a place for your CV
- This is your moment to WOW the visitor with who you are as a person and as an expert.
- 2 short paragraphs on what your expertise is
- 2 short paragraphs on who you are
- Photo is a requirement. Photo is the #1 thing patients are looking for. They need to identify with their physician. Offer them that opportunity.
Services Section | List of services + 1 page for each service
- List your services - your most important ones at the very top
- Develop one page for each service. A list alone offers no value.
- Service section without planning for content strategy and search engines is a waste of time and money. This is your #2 way to attract patients from Google and search engines. (#1 being articles). Careful research and planning on HOW patients find your website on Google is a critical step.
- Please note that all content on our medical websites is researched using latest search algorithms. Don't just put up random pages. Make every page fit into your overall strategy.
Articles | Why are you the expert?
- This can be part of an integrated blog or a series of articles listed on the website, for example like this: Medical Marketing Articles
- This is your opportunity to explain to patients why you are the expert
- Never EVER include links taking people off of your website.
- If you're not developing resources for your patients, please skip this section entirely.
- In highly competitive areas of the country and highly competitive specialties, articles section can be the only differentiating factor. MAKE IT COUNT.
- For ideas on the types of articles you should write call us at (646) 648 - 1355
- We also have 15 medical writers on staff who write articles for our clients. All articles are approved by our medical director.
Forms | Make it easy for patients to fill out forms
- Include your most common forms and allow patients to print them out & bring to your office.
- Forms would be best as part of a secure patient portal allowing patients to fill out everything right through the website.
Contact Us | Streamline calls & appointment scheduling
- This is your opportunity to make it EASY for patients to contact you. Make the phone number and address front and center. A map (you can get a free map on Google) makes a HUGE difference, especially in hard-to-reach areas. Make sure you zoom in enough to identify smaller streets.
Bonus Page | Patient Portal Access
- If you can afford one. Do it. Your patients will love it.
- It streamlines form filling, appointment scheduling (integrated with your EMR & office software)
- Paying a service company for scheduling your appointments is just ridiculous when you can have software built into your EMR and use it as an enormous value-add to your patients.
- Allows for HIPAA secure messaging
- It also allows you to build up email & tele-health services for which you can charge either monthly access fees or per email/per 15 minutes. It's a great opportunity for extra cash.
Important Note: Having these pages is the basic requirement. Your most important step is ensuring these pages are found on Google and other search engines - that's where SEO & Content marketing really helps. From content marketing, blogging, social media, to pay-per-click (Google advertisements) - getting your website found and bringing people to it should be your #1 priority.
To schedule a complimentary review of your website and internet marketing campaign
please call (646) 648 - 1355
Healthcare Marketing Center is an initiative started by Simon Sikorski MD
to help medical organizations find resources on Healthcare Marketing and connect them with Medical Marketing Experts.