LinkedIn for Job Hunting
How to use LinkedIn for Job Hunting in Medicine
These healthcare social media resources are sponsored by
HMCOE is exclusively helping health care providers, healthcare vendors, and medical device professionals develop LinkedIn profiles that demonstrate their strengths, skills, and the requirements presented by employers and clients. We are able to set up or improve LinkedIn accounts within 48 hours. Call (646) 648 - 1355 or email us today to find out how we can help.
If your resume does not have a link to your LinkedIn profile... you're most likely missing out on requirements your potential employer makes explicit:
1) Employer is looking for individuals with connections
2) No matter who you are and what your job function is, you will be a representative of the employer. How you represent (and market) yourself is what the employer's brand will depend on. Employers want to know how you represented your previous employer!
3) Employers want to know if your previous job and title reflect the requirements of their current needs
4) An employer needs to know if your interests will be a bonus to hiring you... or a liability.
5) They want to know if people want to connect with you. If what you say and do is appreciated. If you can participate in discussions. If you're a team player.
6) LinkedIn has many tools that are easy to use. The question employers will ask if a person who's given so many tools at his disposal... will he use them?
7) Your career history. One sentence about your major accomplishments is oftentimes what you need. Writing one that makes sense to the employer is a completely different story.
8) What groups you participate in is what will make you stand out from the crowd
9) Recommendations: although consultants may have very difficult time getting recommendations due to nondisclosure agreements, anyone who can ask for one.. should. Recommendations are a requirement for all applicants. Why don't you make the HR individual's job easier ... and it will be appreciated, a LOT.
10) Your contact information. You'd be surprised how many resumes get thrown out every time because the contact information does not make sense, or your email address is not professional enough.
Healthcare Marketing Center is an initiative started by Simon Sikorski MD
to help medical organizations find resources on Healthcare Marketing and connect them with Medical Marketing Experts.