Best Doctor Review Sites Reviewed
Best Doctor Review Sites Reviewed - Feedback from 50 doctors
What are the best doctor review sites? There is no such thing! These are mostly companies in the business of shaming doctors and building unethical advertising schemes. These are NOT companies that offer a public service. Defamation and blackmail are common tactics used by most if not ALL doctor ratings sites.
The following reviews by doctors are from our recent workshop for 50 doctors in New York. Doctors were asked to review the information we presented for one volunteer doctor on the most popular doctor review sites:
- Worst Doctor Review Website: Yelp - falsely advertises doctors who never signed up for the service, scams and shames doctors to buy advertising space, hides positive reviews, displays ads for other doctors on negative profiles. This and other physician ratings sites like Citysearch and Angie's List have no place to be in the healthcare industry
Worst Doctor Review Website Runners up:
- Healthgrades - outdated, unfair ratings, overall rating is completely unfair. How can two negative reviews represent thousands of patients?
- Vitals, RateMD - These sites could improve, a LOT. But they do an OK job. Vitals ranks the doctors' hospitals and medical schools which is NOT representative of whether a doctor is great or not. It's defamatory at best.
Best Doctor Review Site: Your Own Website and Plan on Being on First Page of Google!
One of the best Doctor Reviews Sites is Google+ - This is the only review site where patients have to disclose their full first and last names and therefore the most credible resource for doctor reviews.
Other Doctor Review Sites mentioned
These doctor review sites don't have significant meaning as these are simple directory websites that simply advertise doctors who pay extra for their listings or pay for adjacent advertisements. Mostly waste of money for doctors.
- AVVO - they advertise other doctors on your Doctor Reviews. Replies to patient questions are borderline HIPAA violations.
- Plastic Surgeon Review Sites: http://plasticsurgeryreview.com & realself.com - These are Testimonial Sites, not Doctor Review Sites. The use of testimonials in New York is forbidden by our medical board.
Other Doctor Review Sites in Development
- There are now at least 15 major doctor review sites in development
- There are now more than 130 doctor review directories already advertising on Google. If your name is on a physician directory... take action now!
Complete this form for Free Doctor Reputation Analysis
Healthcare Marketing Center is an initiative started by Simon Sikorski MD
to help medical organizations find resources on Healthcare Marketing and connect them with Medical Marketing Experts.